One of the biggest stories this week was about the results of a poll taken by the Pew Research Center in which 18% of Americans said they believe that Barack Obama is a Muslim. Time also ran a poll in which 24% responded the same way. This marks a 10% increase in the number of Americans that responded similarly a year ago. The results of this poll come right on the heels of remarks Obama made in support of the World Trade Center mosque at a dinner he hosted at the White House to celebrate the Muslim holiday of Ramadan.
Immediately the media sprang into action, trying to tamp down this belief. They were in obvious damage control mode as a big election looms in which democrats stand to take big losses. Most articles took the position that these Americans are wrong, mistaken, or just mislead. One article on Time’s website even asked the question, “Are One-Quarter of Americans Freakin’ Morons?” Here comes the left wing media attack dogs to silence everyone who doesn’t think as they want them to.
All of these articles say that these Americans are ignoring the facts and the evidence. As I read article after article hoping that at least one of these writers would state the evidence, the only thing they kept pointing to were Obama’s own professions of Christianity, both on the campaign trail and now. Well that certainly settles it doesn’t it? Please. The liberal media has offered up everything from bogus You Tube videos, to the perpetuation of viral emails that lie, and Republican brainwashing as explanations of what has misled so many.
Faithful Christians know that your talk talks and your walk talks, but your walk talks louder than your talk talks. In other words, actions speak louder than words, especially words spoken by a politician. In 2004 the Democrats learned an important lesson; without the faith vote, they are not getting into office. They learned it so well, that in 2008 every Democrat on the campaign trail was out to profess their deep Christian faith. Hillary was out speaking to “faith groups,” and Obama did a sit down question and answer session with Rick Warren. Of course Obama spoke about his Christian faith, he needed to get elected!
It doesn’t take a genius to see why many Americans feel Obama is a Muslim. It has nothing to do with being morons, misinformed, or hypnotized by evil You Tube videos. It has everything to do with not being brainwashed by so many in the media that have gotten in line behind him. The reason Americans feel this way is Obama’s own actions. Americans are watching. Let’s have a look at some of those very public actions that have contributed to this outcome.
- June 2007: Barack Obama says to CBS, “Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation.”
- March 2008: While on the campaign trail and answering questions in support of gay marriage, Obama says, “If people find that controversial then I would just refer them to the Sermon on the Mount, which I think is, in my mind, for my faith, more central than an obscure passage in Romans.” Two big things wrong with this statement. First, where in the Sermon on the Mount does Jesus place His stamp of approval on gay marriage? That is ridiculous! Unless you want to distort the Golden Rule beyond all recognition, this statement makes no sense at all. Secondly, since when is the Book of Romans, in any way, obscure? This book of the Bible is often referred to as the Christian Constitution.
- April 2009: While Christians around the world and here in America are celebrating Holy Week, Obama states in a news conference in Turkey, “we do not consider ourselves a Christian nation.” Later the same day Obama says to the Turkish parliament, “We will convey our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith, which has done so much over the centuries to shape the world — including in my own country.” Does anyone remember any Muslims standing next to Patrick Henry when he said “give me liberty or give me death?” How many Muslims rode along side of Paul Revere? Of all the delegates that attended the signing of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitutional Convention, there were a total of zero Muslims.
- April 2009: Barack Obama speaks at Georgetown University, a private Catholic institution founded in 1789. He ordered the cross and references to Jesus covered up so they would not be visible during his speech. No Christian would ever consider hiding or denying Jesus, ever. “’If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.’” ~Mark 8:38 also repeated in Luke 9:26
- May 2009 (and again in 2010): Barack Obama becomes the first U.S. President to not hold a White House Service in recognition of the National Day of Prayer. The White House issued a statement that the President has opted to observe the day “in private.” Every U.S. President since it was instituted by President Truman has held a service, except Barack Obama
- September 2009: Obama openly welcomes Muslims Washington D.C. and makes it clear he wants to institute official White House recognition of Ramadan. “I want to welcome all the American Muslims from many walks of life who are here. This is just one part of our effort to celebrate Ramadan, and continues a long tradition of hosting iftars here at the White House,” said Barack Obama to all gathered Muslims. This quote is on the White House web site. Check it out for yourself. He can officially recognize this event, but blow off a long standing Christian tradition of the Day of Prayer. Why aren’t we convinced he’s a Christian?
- November 2009: Army Maj. Nidal Hasan opens fire on base at Fort Hood, TX killing 13 and injuring 32 others. Barack Obama refuses to refer to the attack as a terrorist act, even after it was revealed he had ties to a radical Muslim cleric in Yemen, who is also a recruiter for Al Qaeda. Senator Joe Lieberman (I-CT), who is the Homeland Security Committee’s chairman, has since said, “the administration’s reluctance to use terms such as Islamist extremism or Muslim terrorist a “pet peeve of mine.”
- March 2010: Barack Obama humiliated Netanyahu during a visit to America. On the evening of their meeting, Obama left Netanyahu stranded for over an hour in the White House while he dined without the visiting head of state from Isreal. The two parted after a brief meeting and the White House even denied Netanyahu of the usual photo opportunity.
- June 2010: Israeli Ambassador to the United States, Michael Oren, said President Barack Obama made judgments about Israel on the basis of cold calculation as opposed to predecessors George Bush and Bill Clinton, who were motivated by historical and ideological factors. He suggested that Obama was not likely to be influenced by pro-Israel supporters inside or outside the White House. Oren said, ”This is a one-man show.”
July 2010: A report issued by the Inspector General for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) states the Obama administration has spent over $23 million of taxpayer’s money for activities in Kenya to influence voters there to support a new constitution that would allow unlimited abortions, and usher in pro-Sharia law. Prime Minister Raila Odinga, who Obama campaigned for in 2006, signed an agreement with Muslims for their support which states,
- “Within 6 months re-write the Constitution of Kenya to recognize Shariah as the only true law sanctioned by the Holy Quran for Muslim declared regions.”
- “Within one year facilitate the establishment of a Shariah court in every Kenyan divisional headquarters.”
- “Popularize Islam, the only true religion, in the Coast and North Eastern Regions by ordering every primary school in Kenya in the regions to conduct daily Madrassa classes.”
This is far from the activity in which a Christian would engage. For the committed follower of Jesus Christ, our job is to adhere to The Great Commission which states, “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” ~Matthew 28:19
- Late July-Early August 2010: The Boy Scouts of America, a Christian organization, celebrate their Jamboree only every four years, and this event was extra special as they also celebrated their 100th anniversary. As President of the United States, Obama is the honorary chairman of the Boy Scouts, and was scheduled to speak at their gathering in Virginia. It is a tradition that the President speaks at the event. However, he canceled to tend to more important things like appear on The View. The Jamboree lasts ten days, and on the last day Obama could have made a quick appearance he opted to play golf with friends instead.
- August 2010: During yet another dinner at the White House for Muslims celebrating Ramadan, Obama says, “As a citizen, and as president, I believe that Muslims have the same right to practice their religion as everyone else in this country, that includes the right to build a place of worship and a community center on private property in lower Manhattan, in accordance with local laws and ordinances.” I don’t know of anyone who opposes the mosque that denies they have the right to build a mosque. What is in question is the lack of sensitivity of building it at the site where Islamic terrorists killed 3000 people. By the way, a Greek Orthodox church was also destroyed in that attack when the south tower collapsed on it. St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church was the only house of worship destroyed on September 11th and should be rebuilt. Where is the political support for that house of worship Mr. Obama?
This is by far not an exhaustive list, however it demonstrates exactly why so many Americans believe Obama is a Muslim. Actually, when looking at his actions I am surprised that more Americans don’t think he’s a Muslim. However, the White House and the plethora of liberal media pundits are amazed that Americans won’t believe he is a Christian simply because he says so. To do so would be a kin to a jury finding a murderer not guilty of murder after examining a mound of evidence to the contrary, just because the murderer said he didn’t do it.
Perhaps Obama and the media are themselves deceived because he attended a church for 20 years called Trinity United Church of Christ. I think enough has been exposed about what Obama must have heard taught at that church to know that the hate spewing Jeremiah Wright has nothing to do with the teachings of Christianity. The bottom line is that the proof is in the actions. Obama spends significant time, effort, and American resources supporting Muslims and their cause while ignoring anything Christian. Sorry, but it will take more than him saying he’s a Christian to reverse the trend of ever increasing numbers of Americans that see him as Muslim.